News Junkie Canada

To Stimulate Debate in Canada: News, Commentary, Analyses, Links and Favourite Columnists
Spacer

No subject should be outside the realm of debate in a democratic society.

Spacer

News, Commentary, Analyses, Links and Favourite Columnists

Spacer
Spacer
Archive:
Spacer
Visit the archive
Spacer
Links:
Spacer

 

Spacer
Powered by Blogger Pro™

August 22, 2003



Count on The Canadians for Fairness

The Canadian and Tom Nagy

A free and eminently fair exchange has been posted at The Canadians entitled, In My Mail: Contacted By Dr Thomas Nagy in response to Refuge for radicals , a post The Canadian had made earlier based on a media report at canada.com. Dr. Nagy takes issue with that post and in fairness, Jack posted this.

He [Dr. Nagy] asks only for fairness and he has it. I have no problem with that! What follows is an e-mail exchange with Tom.


Note that the Ottawa Citizen did NOT post Dr. Nagy's response to the editorial, an offer to post a link to his lecture. Dr. Nagy wrote:

You can access the hour-long streaming audio of my lecture at McMaster re Iraq last year at home.gwu.edu/~nagy together with a lot of my other work on Iraq.


Jack responded as the fair blogger that he is:

I'll publish your comments with a link to the story and another link to the video.


Jack published the whole exchange and links; it doesn't get any fairer than that. Leave it to a Blogger to be fair! Dr. Nagy's response is excerpted below so you'll go be intrigued enough to go to The Canadians and read the whole post.

Does Supporting Canada’s Policy of Peace through Justice = Anti-Americanism?
Thomas J. Nagy, Ph.D., George Washington University, Washington DC


Friday’s “Ottawa Citizen” editorial, “Refuge for Radicals” warned Canadians of one particular “radical academic”, me.

I’m described as an “America-hating intellectual”. “The Citizen” juxtaposed me with “America-hating terrorists operating in secret cells across America”.

[. . . .]

Since the “Citizen" is alarmed, I invite it to record my lectures and post them on the Internet. My only demand is that my work be unedited, complete, and in the public domain. My sole plea: Let the Canadian people judge!


Go to The Canadians and read the whole exchange.




Comments: Post a Comment

PicoSearch