News Junkie Canada

To Stimulate Debate in Canada: News, Commentary, Analyses, Links and Favourite Columnists
Spacer

No subject should be outside the realm of debate in a democratic society.

Spacer

News, Commentary, Analyses, Links and Favourite Columnists

Spacer
Spacer
Archive:
Spacer
Visit the archive
Spacer
Links:
Spacer

 

Spacer
Powered by Blogger Pro™

August 22, 2003



Update: The Canadian and Tom Nagy

Update: to the post below from The Canadians website.

Response from Thomas Nagy at McMaster Univerisity

Hi Jack . . . .

Thank for the fix. You and other Canadians continue to impress me with your civility and fair play! Have just submitted another an op ed to another newspaper entitled: "One Month in Canada is Enough: Where do I Apply for Citizenship?" Have never worked harder but been happier in my life. It's fantastic to be in a country where one is not forced to choose between:

a) empty batter [sic -- banter?] limited to sports, weather or how to make big bucks

or

b) talking about significant issues but then facing rage and/or shunning if the opinion does not match up with the main stream media, but is based on primary source documents instead.

best,

tom


Jack's response:

Canada is a great place Tom -- so is the US. We're very lucky. In some countries I'd be in jail for my views but of course you already know that.

Welcome to Canada but please keep an open mind about things. There are people out there (I added this link to emphasize what Jack is saying) that desperately want to change us in ways that I can't accept. They use any tool that they can find. I know that results in innocents getting hurt or killed but we do have to defend ourselves.

After all -- we didn't start this. They did.

There is a link I refer to often on my blog:

http://www.kdp.pp.se/chemical.html

Scroll down to the picture of Nadriyeh Mohammed Fattah. I call her "Angel" and the US just got the butcher that murdered her. That pleases me immensely and in my mind SHE is what this is all about.

It keeps things simple and focussed(sic).

[. . . .]

Have a great day and send the link to the article if it is printed. I'll use it.

Later...

Jack


Bloggers do make things happen! With bloggers on the case--in fact, on several cases--in Canada, we may see a fairer dissemination of information and as a consequence more democracy--representative democracy as opposed to being governed from above, by JC and claque of trained seals.




Comments: Post a Comment

PicoSearch