News Junkie Canada

To Stimulate Debate in Canada: News, Commentary, Analyses, Links and Favourite Columnists
Spacer

No subject should be outside the realm of debate in a democratic society.

Spacer

News, Commentary, Analyses, Links and Favourite Columnists

Spacer
Spacer
Archive:
Spacer
Visit the archive
Spacer
Links:
Spacer

 

Spacer
Powered by Blogger Pro™

March 09, 2004



Media Bias: CBC -- Taxpayers' Funds Used to Help Liberals -- National Post Search Engine

CBC Bought and Paid for by the Liberals: CBC's bias is showing

This is sad. Canadian taxes pay for THIS? I was checking for where I could watch and hear the Conservative Party of Canada debate on Sunday (March 7, 04) and this is what I noted:

When I was trying to locate an alternate to CPAC, I went to various media/news sites -- CTV, CanWest Global, and then CBC. What was on the CBC site was instructive.

In their list of interviews/discussions with political candidates, it appears that Stephen Harper was never interviewed and that the interview with Belinda Stronach received larger font size than that with Tony Clement. Why? Just listen to the CBC and you'll get the picture. They're playing Paul Martin's card on the scary West as epitomized by Mr. Harper.

At I searched the National Post Site using these words, "conservative party of canada, debate, March 07, 04" and there was nothing/zero/zip!

Then from the National Post site, I did a web search and guess what I found? A misquote from my site, News Junkie Canada which follows:

News Junkie believes that no subject should be outside the realm of debate in a democratic society. ... To Stimulate Debate in Canada: News, ... in enforcing party unity, and ... Conservative leadership contest yesterday, sowing doubts about opponent Stephen Harper's ability to unify the party ...


This is a misreading of my actual words -- as though I were negative about Stephen Harper. I am not! Be careful of what a mindless machine picks up from your site -- or what those who support a particular candidate can (pay to?) make appear in a database. What this search picked up is part of a sentence from my post, Concerning Belinda Stronach: What is Missing -- in Emphasis, in Policy? , Mar. 3, 04 and there is much missing. Scroll down or link and find out. I do not like this kind of thing; it distorts the intent of what I have written -- but I suppose it is politics as usual in Canada. NJC



Comments: Post a Comment

PicoSearch